Give, Said The Little Stream

PURPOSE
Enjoy nature. Inspire young women to make a difference in the world around them.  Participate in and plan future service activities. Have fun.

 *
MUSICAL INSPIRATION
"Give", said the Little Stream - Children's Song Book #236
Listen to Danielle Vaughn singing it here
Listen to Insideout A Cappella singing it here
*
“Give,” said the little stream,
“Give, oh! give, give, oh! give.”
“Give,” said the little stream,
As it hurried down the hill;
“I’m small, I know, but wherever I go
The fields grow greener still.”
*
Singing, singing all the day,
“Give away, oh! give away.”
Singing, singing all the day,
“Give, oh! give away.”
*
“Give,” said the little rain,
“Give, oh! give, give, oh! give.”
“Give,” said the little rain,
As it fell upon the flow’rs;
“I’ll raise their drooping heads again,”
As it fell upon the flow’rs.
*
Give, then, as Jesus gives,
Give, oh! give, give, oh! give.
Give, then, as Jesus gives;
There is something all can give.
Do as the streams and blossoms do:
For God and others live.
*
Personal Progress Possibilities:
Good Works #6
Spend at least three hours giving service outside your family. Ask your ward or branch Relief Society president or a community leader for suggestions for service. For example, you might take care of children while parents attend the temple; collect, make, or recondition toys or games for a nursery; accept an assignment to clean the meetinghouse; or perform errands for or read to a home bound person or others in need. Record in your journal the reactions of the person you served and possible goals for future service opportunities.
*
ACTIVITY
  • A easy hike, next to a stream if possible.  Wildflowers are in bloom. Beautiful!
  • Share a nice little picnic. *ideas below
  • "Give", Said the Little Stream Object lesson:  use your surroundings as part of the lesson
No matter how small, or insignificant you think you may be,  you have the capacity to make a huge difference in the world around you!  You are a daughter of God, with talents and abilities to do beautiful things.
  • Sing-A-Long/Jam Session:  *see guitar chords below
  • Plan future service activities.
  • Service:  Have bags ready, just in case there is any trash to pick up along the trail.
* 
GUITAR CHORDS (for your little jam session next to the stream)
sheet music found here
*
TAKE-A-WAY
I found this adorable tutorial and free printable from Peppermint Plum.
*
*
These are the two prints they have designed:
*
*
PICNIC IDEA
  • chicken salad on a butter croissant
  • fruit flower kabobs
  • bottle of water
  • anything chocolate!
I thought these fruit flower kabobs displayed in containers filled with wheat grass was adorable.  So I thought I'd share.