Back to School Pep Rally


template here
*
PURPOSE  To help the youth understand the importance of living higher standards by choosing good friends, making wise choices, being involved in uplifting activities, and encouraging others to do the same.
*
**
FLYER

SCHOOL NAME
L.H.S - Living Higher Standards
*
SCHOOL COLOR
Gold - inspired by Virtue
*
MASCOT
The Mighty Bee - inspired by President Gordon B Hinckley's 6 B's
(I will create a happier mascot for future use)  :)
*
*
ACTIVITY
*
Q&A
  • As the youth arrived they were given a 3x5 card and a pen.
  • They were to write down any question(s) they have going into the new school year.  Here are a few of the questions our youth asked:  "What can I do to get good grades?", "Will my teachers like me?", "What time should I wake up in the morning?", "How should I keep myself from getting too stressed?", "How can you avoid jealousy?", "How do you avoid Senioritis?", "Will I have entirely new friends?", "How should I study, if I hate studying?"
  • Questions were then gathered.
  • While the youth were involved in the following activities, the leaders/panel of experts :) went through the questions and discussed answers.
  • It would be a great idea to have a few of the following available as resources for answers:  scriptures, For the Strength of Youth, New Era(s), and conference talks.
  • Answers to the questions were discussed at the end of the night.  Some of the answers were all in fun and made them laugh.  Others were more serious, like the answer to the question, "Will I have entirely new friends?"  The answer being, "Probably (this was discussed more), but be sure your best friend is Jesus Christ."
  • The youth were also good to add their thoughts, helping their fellow classmates
*
PEP SQUADS
  • The youth were divided into three equal groups or pep squads.
  • The were challenged to create a banner and a chant/cheer for L.H.S.
  • Side note:  While the youth were busy creating - the leaders discussed and wrote answers to the youth's questions.
*
PEP RALLY  n: a mass meeting featuring songs, cheers, and inspirational talks
  • When banners and cheers were completed, everyone came back together for the Pep Rally.
  • We started by answering their questions.
  • Next each group was invited to hang their banners and share their cheer with the group.
  • Side Note:  It would have been fun to have pom poms and megaphones on hand for their use.
  • End the night with a few last words of encouragement for the coming school year.
*
TAKE-A-WAY
  • The youth were given a simple brown lunch sack filled with the following items:  pen, highlighter, magnet set for their lockers (great DIY marble magnet instructions here), pencil with eraser (you could also use a simple eraser), Smarties, Snickers, butterscotch candies, Hershey Kisses, Now&Laters, M&M's, gum, and a faux dollar bill (you could also use a 100 Grand bar).
  • Each item had a little tag of encouragement to go along with it. 



  • I also had nail polish on hand.  Just in case the girls wanted to add to their school spirit.  They were excited!  I even painted my nails.  I'm not sure if it is my color though.  :)
*
ADDITIONAL HELPS
*
AFTER THOUGHTS
These would have been a cute treat to share at the end of the night.  Playing on the Mighty Bee Mascot idea.
*
*
By the way - Let me know if you would like the templates for L.H.S., I am happy to share!