Humble Beginnings

This is for those of you who accepted my earlier invitation to join me in Project:  HOPE CHEST.  I wanted to give you an update on my humble beginnings.
*
You may know that my hope is to have a cedar chest for each of my daughters before they graduate from high school.  This was also my desire, then I moved it to hoping to have one before I got married.  Now, I simply hope I have one before I pass on.  :)
*
Well, knowing it may take some time to actually acquire a ceder chest (whether it be cost, or time for them to be built by a family member, or even trying to transport them from another state), I decided to create a make shift hope chest.
*
Our humble beginnings - This past week I purchased a large plastic container/with lid (which slides nicely under my bed)  for each of my children (boys included).  I purchased them at our local Target store for $5.99 each.
*
In these I have placed items which I believe have significance.  School photographs and awards, as well as sports photos and awards (those not on current display in the home).  Invitations and programs from their baptisms.  Little stories they have written.  Art work they have created.  Notes and cards from Grandparents.  And other little items that have personal meaning.  Keeping in mind that these boxes will hold treasures they may someday want to share with their own children.
*
I figured I had to start somewhere.  This is where I have chosen to begin.